Kintsugi

Kintsugi

Goodbye My Love

I did my best 

to never let you down

And always honest 

To be true 

Goodbye sweet darling one


Whose fingers did 

caress my face 

but once,

My heart ever blessed

Release your fingers and my heart,

And with a final test

Smash the chains that me you bound 

Memories please erase


Fondest hopes and dreams

Once joyful built upon

Golden towers whimsical plans

Crushed broken, fallen down


Oh bitter heart

You took the leap

And offered up your

Tender sweet 


One was not

what appeared

When first he came to view

This heart believing 

Star covered eyes,

What it wanted- from you. 


Why can’t you be the one of dreams 

and magical fairy dust?

Why should you end 

This sad lament 

Swept out like morning dust?


Speak my love.  

Tell me true. 

You only have stars for me

Don’t share your precious lilies 

with anyone but me.


Your face, I glow, when I see 

Drifting across my scene

Has now been

Swiped aside 

Like so much 

imagining.  


My pillow calls your name to me 

As I lay down to sleep 

And pray to wake up whole again

Please dreams forgotten be.  


The crack in my heart 

Kintsugi vase 

Has been repaired before 

And will repair again and again 

From pieces on your floor.

D.R.H.

Copyright Donna R Hedges 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battles

This

Birdie