The Moon’s Defense

 The Moon’s Defence


Alas my love 

You are unfair

To you I’ll always be

Reflecting only 

Love’s sweet breath

Given from you to me


I am only 

a rock that carries

 tides and fleets of men

I do not contain 

your passionate gaze

And cannot even pretend


You must have 

me confused 

With a dream 

from your youth

No self respecting 

moon I know

Has ever kept 

that pace


My innocent shine 

is lovely to see

And everyone 

does exclaim 

Never there was 

a more decent globe 

than this one 

in your domain


And more, 

it’s true, 

My poor 

rock heart does protest

So very sad 

and worried by 

your ungrateful express


To you, 

I never said that I

Would honour and protect

My promise was 

only that

I would caress 

your lovely breast

D.R.H.

Copyright Donna R Hedges 2021




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battles

The Sun’s Litany

This